Monday, February 16, 2015

Lesson 3


 1.  Set-up an account in Learning Express and browse through the available exams. 

2.  Choose one and answer a few questions. Then click "Score my test" in the top toolbar. Ignore the warnings and continue to have your test scored, so that you can see how the diagnostic page looks. Then click "View Answers" at the bottom of the page. What did you think about this test experience?
I chose the civil service test. After I answered the first five questions it would not let me go (on my next test I found the button to go onto the next page) on so I scored my test. I do not feel like this site is very user friendly. Even after watching the tutorial it was difficult to determine where to go to find a practice test. The results page breaks down the questions into categories so you can see where you are stronger and weaker.


 3.  Job searching and resume writing are among the self-paced courses in Learning Express.  Locate the career resources and add one of the courses to your center.  Take a few minutes to explore the course and note your observations.
I took the postal worker exam. It was a timed test but the setup was hard to follow. It asked questions about a particular form and I had to keep scrolling back up to the top of the page to look at the form and then scroll back down to find what question I was on. The questions were quite easy. If it was set up differently so that the scrolling up and down was eliminated it was be more user friendly.

 4. Type a search term in the search box for a skills improvement or career topic in which you are interested. Notice that results are sorted by tests, courses and eBooks (if all of those are available for your chosen topic). Please select an eBook and look through its pages.

I clicked on Reading Skills eBooks and there were 6 choices.  I then chose Visual Communications. There were 236 pages to this ebook.
It was a study of :

Understanding Maps, Charts,

Diagrams, and Schematics
 
 
 




 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Librarian Lil. I'm sorry you found this database hard to use. While there's no perfect product out there, we think this one operates like most online tests. We hope that should you or someone you know need academic or career skills improvement, you will give this one another try. Thanks for your work here!

    ReplyDelete